Sunday, June 14, 2020

A case for no case

It's been a growing trend, or so it seems, to boycott upper case letters -- at least in the context of writing down one's own name -- by celebrities, scientists, politicians, and you-know-who (e.e. cummings, of course). It used to irk me for it exuded insincere modesty, a sin in its own right, I think, or at best pretentiousness. And you know, like all self-important brats, I used to make it clearly known that I hate it.

But of late, yours truly, the guy with the perpendicular pronoun, the infallible, has started writing his initials in all smalls himself. Why you ask? It's a reason that was, in a pure display of dogmatism, simply overlooked earlier -- small letters are easier to type and look harmonious at the end of an e-mail. *Now, there's gonna be hoards of people who're gonna hate on me for this, just like I did, but hey, at least I still capitalise the I's.

I'm waiting for the day when I'll stop doing that too. Oh boy, who knew one'd slowly give up things one held so dearly -- time and again and again.

ark

* = This sentence is in #modernlingo

No comments:

On what to be proud of

I'll say this and say nothing more: Think of what you're proud of: something that you've accomplished yourself or something that...